Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tag, You're It!

Heather tagged me over at Loose Shoelaces.  Let's begin. 

1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!


12 Fun Facts About Me

1) Growing up I did not want to become a teacher - I wanted to be Oprah Winfrey. 
2) I was an extra in the movie Contagion.  Although no one would EVER recognize me (had to wear a face mask) I see myself walking in the movie and the trailer! 
3) I am not related to Bill Gates (sigh) BUT I am related to General Horatio Gates of the revolutionary war for the history buffs out there. 
4) 2012 goal: Become a barre instructor! 
5) I have a bad habit of just leaving my apartment at the time I am suppose to meet someone. (sorry to those that have to wait) 
6) I don't like talking on the phone. 
7) I am one happy girl when I have a Mcdonald's fountain diet coke in my hands.
8) Although I LOVE looking at recipes on Pinterest - I don't really like cooking or baking.
9) I am the worst speller (something is probably spelled wrong on this post) 
10) I love to read my monthly horoscope even though it never seems to be right. 
11) My favorite time of the weekend is the morning - laying in bed, drinking my coffee and  watching TV/ playing on my computer.
12) I love ghost stories and have always wanted to go on a ghost tour. 


On to Heather's questions.....

  1. What has been the most memorable lesson you have taught?                                                         My most memorable lesson has to be the Wumps so far this year! I loved using my peg boards and loved seeing all of my students so engaged.
  2. What's a scent that triggers a memory for you?                                                                               Perfumes remind me of certain year of my life.  Victoria's Secret Body- Freshman year in college.  Britney Spears Curious - Junior year of college.  I still have those perfumes but every time I use them it takes me back to college.
  3. What's your favorite movie?                                                                                                             My favorite movie of all time is Back to the Beach.  "Why-O why-O why-O did I ever leave Ohio?" - favorite line
  4. What's do you usually bring for lunch to school?                                                                            I am in a school weight loss competition right now so my lunches are small and healthy.   A turkey sandwich and a cup of soup OR a salad.  (boring)
  5. Do you prefer student led conferences or traditional parent teacher conferences?                       I would be interested to see how student led conferences would help students feel more ownership of their work habits and behavior.  Our school holds traditional parent teacher conferences that only last 5 minutes and of course the parents that I REALLY need to see do not come.
  6. Do you drink Starbucks? What's your usual order?                                                                        LOVE LOVE LOVE Starbucks! Usual order depends on the time of the year... Fall - nonfat pumpkin spice latte, Holidays - skinny peppermint mocha, Any other time -  iced skinny vanilla latte or iced nonfat chai tea latte.
  7. What's your cell phone ring tone?                                                                                                   For two years my ringtone was Glee's  version of alone but I started to get embarrassed when it would go off in public so I changed it to the default ringtone.
  8. How often do you check your blogs that you follow?                                                                      I love to check on everyone's blogs a couple of times a week.  I feel guilty though knowing that I don't update mine often enough!
  9. What's your favorite recipe you like to bring to parties?                                                                 My new favorite dish is SUPER easy.  A block of cream cheese with raspberry chipotle sauce poured over it.  I usually serve it with wheat thins, pita chips, or tortilla chips! If you ever see a bottle of raspberry chipotle sauce buy it! Trust me - it is amazing!
  10. What's a TV show that you loved growing up?                                                                                I was obsessed with 90210.  I even had the barbie dolls and would reenact the seens from the show..  I was probably WAY too young to be watching it.
  11. Target or Walmart?                                                                                                                          Two words- Dollar bins... Target!
  12. How many students do you have in your class?                                                                               My 3 blocks all have around 24 students.  I just heard today at a staff meeting that these sizes are "too small".  I would really like my superintendent to come teach my inclusion class and tell me that MORE students would be a good idea.
Twelve Questions for My Taggees....

1) What is your favorite new thing you have incorporated into your class this year?  
2) If you could be any musical artist who would you be?
3) What is your favorite store to buy teaching clothes?
4) Favorite vacation spot?  
5) What is another job you have had besides teaching?
6) Trip to the beach or to the mountains?
7) What is your favorite website?
8) What is your favorite book?
9) Do you prefer to see movies in the movie theater or wait to watch them at home?
10) Do you have a favorite time of year?
11) What is one of your guilty pleasures?
12) Where do you want to be in 3 years?

Now, no pressure to answer the questions if I tag you, but I love getting to read about my fellow bloggers :)

Tag You're It! 

Laura at Open House



No comments:

Post a Comment